Students interested in the CAPS program need to:
- Attain junior or senior status.
- Have a desire to work in a profession-based, real-world environment with other Andover High School and Andover Central High School students.
- Be willing to comply with business ethics (e.g. attendance) and dress codes determined by the type of CAPS program they are involved in.
- Be willing to spend three periods a day away from their home high school.
- Be able to provide their own transportation to CAPS and business partner sites.
Most CAPS courses are eligible for some form of college credit.
CAPS provides students the opportunity to deeply explore professional areas of interest through a profession-based, inquiry learning method. CAPS is driven by the changing workforce needs of industry.